Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

wondering if it is worth it

Words are some of the trickiest things in the world. They are little chameleons that never cease to change color when used. I think, in many ways we underestimate their power. This is a sad realization to come to when one thinks of how many words are spoken each day. Communication, while mostly nonverbal, is a key to our survival as human beings. How is it that we manage to forget this fact and speak so freely?
Once a word is spoken, you cannot take it back. It's been said, and it is engraved in time and possibly in hearts forever. Just because it cannot be documented and filed away on paper does not mean that it has lost significance.

A loving word has so much passion and heart. If truly felt, the sincerity cannot be rivaled with. It is so permanent. Even when the word has long since been said, even if the emotion has been altered or cast away, the word still lingers. It never fully disappears.
An angry word has within it just as much passion. It has within it the flames of the burning soul. The strength behind the word is comparable to that of a hurricane. It can toss an entire world upside down in a second. Forgiveness may be sought and granted, but the angry word is forever embracing the conscience and the heart. It cannot be taken back.

Words written on paper may seem more permanent, but they lack the true voice that rings in ears for all eternity to back them up. The piece of paper may be kept or burned, and the words themselves are permanent. However, there is nothing like a word uttered on the lips of another. Those are the words with the real impact.

I have always known the value of words and tone. I won't say that I have never opened my mouth only to have inserted my foot. It happens on many occasions I'm sorry to say. Unfortunately, there have been many times I wish I could go back in time with an eraser. But at least I know the power of what I have said. At least I recognize the impact that my words have had on people. On the other hand, I'm glad that I don't always think before I speak. It means that whatever is being said is coming truly from my heart at that moment and spoken with full emotion.

so say it like u mean it. :)
have a nice day peeps ^^

<3 bubble

No comments:

Post a Comment